Monday, November 14, 2011

Changes in the house!

We've been preparing for baby number two!
In October my fantastic parents purchased hardwood floors for the two kids rooms.  Josh and my dad spent a few days installing it... it's finished and it looks wonderful.  My house was a disaster for several days and I had a break down one night because I couldn't see my living room.   BUT everything is back in its place and as close to "normal" as it's going to get. 

In the process we moved all of zoe's "baby" furniture to the new babies room... and put together her big girl furniture.  Her big girl room is pretty much complete.  I think Santa is going to bring her a bedspread for her bed... and a few little tweeks in there and it will be done. 
The baby's room is not complete.  The furniture is in there..but that's it.  I still need to decide on colors/theme.  I have a few ideas in my head but haven't decided anything for sure.  Boy rooms are so much harder than girl rooms.  Once I decide on colors, I need to paint and then decorate.  I'll be sure to post photos :)

Since we lost the toy room... (it became the baby's room) we had to bring all of the toys out to the living room.  It worked out pretty well.  I'm still struggling with the big pieces not having a good home, but for the most part everything is fine. 

I also painted this little weird niche wall we have in the house, with chalkboard paint.  I have a small chalkboard wall in the kitchen, but it's now home to a kitchen cart that holds our microwave...so we can't use it.  I wanted a wall that I could write on, and the kids, and that I could also display some photos and Zoe's art work on.  This one was the best solution for that.  it turned out really well.  I got some empty frames and attached some wire to the backs, so that I could hang Zoe's art work and photos in them.  They're cute!

We also made changes to the basement.  We moved my scrapbook stuff down there, it's behind a curtain in a little cut out area that's a great place for it.  Then I have all my photography props and backdrops down there.  I still need to finish somethings down there.  I want to paint one wall a fun, bright color.  I also am going to "rig up" a place on the wall to easily swap out my backdrops without using my backdrop stands!

So much to do, so little time! :)

No comments: